What is a Geriatric Care Manager?
A geriatric care manager is a health and human services expert. They can be a nurse, social worker, counselor, or gerontologist, who has experience with aging and long term care issues.
ECSS care managers are Registered Nurses. They work with families as an experienced guide navigating the maze of the health care system.
Services they provide:
- Determine the best environment for your loved one – home care or facility placement
- Help with determining how to pay for the services
- Elder care attorney referrals
- Coordinate ongoing care in home or facility
- Help families use local senior resources
- In home medication management and renewals
- Follow up doctor appointments
- Hospital to home transitions, working with certified agencies on family’s behalf
- Work with families at a distance, providing ongoing supervision and communication to avoid frequent and costly trips home
ECSS care managers work with families in a proactive way to determine problems before they arise. We have a long history of preventing emergency room visits and repeat hospital admissions. We help with ongoing dementia concerns and can make appropriate hospice referrals when necessary.
Once families experience the breathe of services our GCM can provide they respond the same.
“I wish I found you sooner”
“I got my life back”